Blue and Red
Chapman Elementary believes that students need background knowledge in order to gain full understanding of concepts. Due to this belief, we take students on many field trips throughout the school year.
- In Kindergarten, students visit an apple and pumpkin farm in the Fall.
- First grade classes attend a Youth Theatre play and visit Strawberry Hill in the Spring.
- Second grade students visit the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia in the Spring.
- In 3rd grade the students attend a Youth Theatre play in the Spring.
- Fourth graders travel to historic Brattonsville in the Fall and, in the Spring, visit the South Carolina State Museum and Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia.
- Fifth grade students visit Biltmore House in Asheville, NC in the Fall. A Spring trip to Barrier Island allows students to become familiar with the Coastal Zone region of South Carolina.